The West Cumberland Choral Society grew out of the Choir of Lowther Street Methodist Church, Whitehaven, conducted by John L Pape. This had gradually been augmented during the 1950's and 1960's in order to sing Messiah, Creation and other large choral works. The choir which was formed in 1960 had about 100 members and drew them from an area from Maryport to Bootle. The present choir has about 35 members from the Workington and Seascale areas as well as nearer Whitehaven.
We are always looking for new talent. Contact us now - no auditions. Please use the contact form to email us.